Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the IT team, our Systems Administrators are responsible for operating enterprise class cloud services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS), on-premise computer systems and IT solutions. This role will assist in the design of the internal network, server systems, and services, by providing technical support, administration and maintenance. In addition, this role is responsible for managing cloud platforms, directory services, collaboration platforms, synchronization tools, single-sign on systems, patch management of systems/services, and other core infrastructure. Our Systems Administrator acts as Tier III support for our IT Support Specialist team. Due to the nature of this position, and the occasional requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. This role often involves project work. To be successful in this position, you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, meet new and on-going deadlines, quickly build and maintain trust with employees, and have a desire to learn new technologies and progress in your career. This role will perform research of new technologies and solutions for strategic growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages configuration, provisioning, and Tier III troubleshooting of enterprise directory services and collaboration platforms. Participates in planning and deployment of new solutions with the IT Operations Manager.
- Manages configuration, provisioning, and Tier III troubleshooting of Single Sign-On (SSO) platforms; SAML 2.0 and cloud providers. Participates in planning and deployment of new solutions with the IT Operations Manager and other cross-functional departments such as Engineering.
- Manages configuration, provisioning, and troubleshooting of backup systems/services. Participates in planning and deployment of new solutions with the IT Operations Manager.
- Manages physical and endpoint security to include, but not limited to data loss prevention (DLP), disk encryption, and building security.
- Assists in managing security incidents and provides resolutions along to the leadership team with IT Operations Manager and Director of Data Protection & Security.
- Recognizes security vulnerabilities and develops ways to mitigate them. Ensures all systems meet or exceed the intended business and security requirements.
- Apply patches, perform audits, update system software, and maintain configuration control. Conducts regular system and network maintenance to include monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, and adjusting configurations as necessary to resolve problems, minimize downtime, and to enhance capabilities.
- Diagnoses and solves networking problems with the aid of external resources when needed.
- Manages DNS, DHCP, and user/web/systems certificates.
- Performs change and configuration management.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of network and systems, as well as other needed documentation.
- Supports technical issues that arise from our product installation and troubleshoot issues that arise at current installations.
- Recognizes areas that need process improvement and provides/implements solutions.
- Assists in project support and provides status to IT Operations Manager on a weekly basis.
- Assists and trains Helpdesk team members on complex Tier III issues.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by completing one certification per year.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. If this cannot be met, a combination of technical experience and certifications may suffice.
- 2-4 years of experience of systems administration with direct interface with internal employees in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executive staff.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a change and configuration management process.
- Experience supporting industry standard IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools.
- Advanced knowledge of networking technologies such TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, and SSL.
- Experience working with vendors and channel partners to support applications and technology.
- Excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and resourcefulness.
Things that make a difference:
- Associate Cloud Engineer or Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer Certificates
- Technical support experience in a customer service role with direct interface with internal employees in a corporate environment.
- A desire to learn and grow with the team and company as our needs and mission evolve.
- A commitment to remain focused on personal and professional development.
- The ability to be organized and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executive staff.
- Industry recognized certifications (CCNA, Network+, AWS, Azure, O365, VMware, JAMF, etc.).
- Proven experience on running projects from start to finish.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.