2022 Software Engineering-R&D Internship/Co-Op
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Research & Development team, the Software Engineer Intern will participate in Brain’s development of intelligent, autonomous navigation systems for use in everyday machines. The position is located at Brain’s San Diego Headquarters.
Anticipated Project Areas & Learning Opportunities:
- Machine learning, Visual and Depth Perception
- Motion Planning
- Simultaneous Localization & Mapping (SLAM)
- Algorithm Development
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Hands on experience working with robots that operate in the real world at production scale
- Casual, fun work environment
- Business focused project that will challenge you
- Potential for career growth
- Participation in the design and development of the largest fleet of commercial mobile robots operating in public spaces
We are seeking someone that:
- Is studying computer science, computer engineering, robotics, or electrical engineering
- Experience in Python and/or C++ in a Linux Environment
- Available for 3 months, approximately (June - August 2022) for Internship or 6 months, approximately (June-December 2022) for Co-op
- Additional qualifications here and below
- Has enthusiasm for the robotics industry and eagerness to work on new & challenging technologies and projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, though the sound level may be elevated at times in the lab. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.