Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Brain Corporation is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corporation is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Human Resources team, the Sr. Human Resources Generalist is responsible for driving a full spectrum of human resources activities and to act as a trusted resource for employees and managers. This includes, but is not limited to, implementing, administering, and maintaining a variety of HR programs and providing support at various levels within the organization. The Sr. Human Resources Generalist will work closely with Talent Acquisition, Payroll, and IT on a variety of HR programs including benefits, workers’ compensation, and ongoing employee data maintenance. This position is also responsible for HR systems support and compliance as well as providing first level support for manager inquiries, escalating as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as an HR resource to employees and managers in interpreting policies and procedures as well as addressing questions related to our handbook, policies, processes and programs.
- Provides broad support for the HRIS, including assisting in the testing, maintenance, and modification of HRIS modules as well as the training of end users to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
- Reviews, inputs, audits, and ensures integrity of the transactional data in the HRIS, including new hires, terminations, transfers and pay rate changes.
- Uses and supports the development of standardized HR reports and dashboards which includes, but is not limited to, headcount reports, stock grant reports, and other data reports as requested to support business queries.
- Assists in the HR system implementations and provides training to individual contributors and managers.
- Identifies and executes process improvements.
- Assists with the Pay and Performance processes.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations, actively identifying gaps through self-auditing and related processes, and proposing and implementing changes as necessary.
- Supports the administration of the company’s benefits plans (health and welfare and 401(k)), including answering employee questions.
- Administers the company’s workers’ compensation program, ensures the organization is compliant with all state requirements, serves as the primary contact for employees and management of claims. This includes communication with external providers to review treatment notes, request clarification when necessary, and generally facilitate effective processes with insurance carriers.
- Serves as a backup to other team members on the termination process, including conducting exit interviews, as well as ensuring all paperwork, final paycheck and other responsibilities related to terminations are completed in a timely manner.
- Brings creativity and strategic thinking on how we can nurture strong collaboration and inclusion across geographies as we continue to grow globally.
- Other duties and projects as assigned. As the company continues its growth, we anticipate the needs of the HR team to flex and the ideal candidate will flex with us.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience working in HR.
- Experience with HRIS applications used in HR tracking and reporting.
- Intermediate level knowledge of the Microsoft Office or Google Workspace suite.
- Ability to prioritize many tasks, and where needed act with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment law and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving/listening skills, organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Things that make a difference:
- 7+ years of experience working in HR, and/or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience related to UKG/Ultipro HRIS system, Greenhouse ATS, and Google Applications/Workspace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Our employees are exposed to the typical office environment, which includes computers, printers, telephones, etc.