Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As the Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager, you have in-depth knowledge of general accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting research, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an accurate and efficient close and financial reporting process. This role will lead accounting research, documentation, and implementation of new accounting policies, including providing guidance and training on new accounting pronouncements to all relevant stakeholders. Additionally, the Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager will prepare all internal and external financial reports, including management discussion and analysis of business trends. This role will report to the Corporate Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis teams to support timely and accurate completion of all accounting period close processes.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly, internal and external financial reporting, including all financial statements, disclosures, and supporting analysis and schedules in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
- Responsible for technical accounting review of significant third-party contracts; identify, research, and evaluate technical accounting treatment and draft technical accounting memos for all significant accounting and complex transactions.
- Assess financial impact and recommend accounting treatment of new accounting guidance on exiting accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage revenue recognition, warranty, leases, and other accounting areas subject to estimates, judgments, and complexity for appropriate accounting treatment.
- Lead annual audit process, work directly with external auditors on audit requests to ensure audit is completed timely and efficiently.
- Provide subject matter expertise on all relevant accounting and audit standards, conduct training, and work with various department leaders in the organization to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards and internal controls.
- Support management in completing special projects, such as process improvement, financial systems and controls implementation opportunities.
- Perform other duties assigned as business needs change.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA certification.
- CPA certification with minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience in Big 4 firm.
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations, combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Experience in high growth technology companies.
- High level of integrity and work ethics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and take ownership of work.
- Ability to oversee a team or project and work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter and a strategic thinker.
- Recent NetSuite experience, Advanced Revenue Management highly preferred.
Things that make a difference:
- 3+ years of experience managing 2 to 5 employees.
- Prior manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Business systems implementation experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.