Senior IT Support Technician
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the IT team, the Senior IT Support Technician will be providing advanced level IT support, day-to-day support for internal staff. This can include, but is not limited to hardware setups, application support, onboarding, off-boarding, and all things in between. You will be responsible for a wide IT scope including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting Windows, Mac and/or Linux operating systems, along with mobile devices and associated SaaS/On-Prem applications. This is an internal customer-focused role, and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, resourcefulness, and best-in-class customer support, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Due to the nature of this position, and the occasional requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. You must be motivated by team and business success and possess the ability to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly. To succeed in this role, you must be able to demonstrate strong initiative, learn quickly, be flexible, and demonstrate the ability to maintain high levels of productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced technical support to internal employees.
- Screens for support via ticketing system, phone, email, walk-ups, and other various applications; Delegates Tier I and II support to the other IT Tech Support staff as necessary and escalates work as needed to either the Systems Administration team or IT Operations Manager.
- Provides advanced level support for incidents, service and access requests, and/or questions and training on PC/Mac/Linux computers, printers, phone system, AV equipment, SaaS/On-Prem applications, etc.
- Runs diagnostics tools and identifies issues, leverages available tools and external support resources to resolve incidents.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes employee badges for building access.
- Maintains, updates, and provides input for inventory of company software (SaaS/On-Prem applications).
- Maintains, updates, and provides input for inventory of company hardware (laptops, desktops, displays, vending machine, conference room AV, printers, accessories, and e-waste).
- Maintains, updates, and provides input for IT standard technical processes (account creation, standard builds (cross-platform), application documentation, and knowledge base documentation).
- Maintains, updates, and provides input for the ticketing system, knowledge base, reports, and customer portal.
- Supports and assists the onboarding process (account creation, hardware build out, new hire orientation, etc.).
- Supports and assists the offboarding process (account terminations and hardware collection)
- Assists in procurement of hardware and software requests as needed with supervision from IT Operations Manager.
- Assists in the updating the Brain Corp intranet page as needed.
- Assists in project support as needed and provide status to IT Operations Manager on a weekly basis when relevant.
- Provides support and/or an on-call rotation, outside of normal working hours as required.
- Mentors and guides junior IT Support Technician staff.
- Contributes to the development of the IT Support Technician Group’s goals and objectives.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by completing one certification per year.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of technical support in a customer service role with direct interface with internal employees in a corporate environment.
- Advanced experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10, Mac OSX, G-Suite, and Office 365.
- Advanced experience working with laptops and desktops from a major hardware manufacturer, such as Lenovo and/or Apple.
- Advanced experience managing ticket queues in a helpdesk system.
- Advanced experience supporting mobile device management for Apple and Android devices.
- Advanced knowledge of networking technologies such TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a change management process.
Things that make a difference:
- A desire to learn and grow with the team and company as our needs and mission evolve.
- A commitment to remain focused on personal and professional development.
- The ability to be organized and productive in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executive staff.
- Experience managing a cloud-based PBX phone system.
- Experience supporting AV equipment for company all-hands meetings.
- Experience providing technical support for Linux machines running Ubuntu.
- Experience supporting AV events such as video projection/recording, audio mixing.
- Experience with graphic design via Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- Experience supporting industry standard SaaS tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.