Senior Security Engineer
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Technology team, the Senior Security Engineer is responsible for integrating with Brain Corp’s technical teams to advise on the secure design and implementation of robotic and cloud designs. Reporting to the Director of Cloud Engineering, the successful candidate will work at the intersection of engineering, legal, product and program management, customer support, account management, security, and IT, ensuring that our products meet the highest security standards of our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the security deliverables and obligations with internal customers, as well as external partners.
- Understand customer & partner data security needs, applicable standard compliance requirements, and drive solutions to fulfilling those requirements.
- Analyze security requirements, identify gaps, and engage other technical leaders on secure solution design, compliance standards, and privacy/data security best practices.
- Act as a ‘cloud security consultant’ to other architects and engineers, proactively making recommendations around software development leading to secure solutions etc.
- Work closely with Engineering and support organizations to develop, enhance and document information security policies, procedures and standards required to design cloud based solutions.
- Clearly and concisely present vulnerabilities to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Advise on compliance with regulatory and contractual security requirements.
- Implement the development and maintenance of security management plans.
- Seeks to remain up to date on cloud and architecture trends and security thereof, bringing those lessons back to relevant stakeholders.
- Use understanding of software/cloud and vulnerability management, to identify, plan for, and convey risk to business stakeholders.
- Regularly interact and collaborate with the Legal department for coordination and implementation of Brain Corp’s security program strategy.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five to eight years of experience advising technical teams on security is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate security risks and issues to both non-technical and technical audiences, including the ability to communicate “Yes and here’s how... (to design the solution)”.
- Possess outstanding communication skills, with an ability to be an intermediate between business and engineering audiences.
- Demonstrated security experience in at least one domain (e.g. cloud, software) and learning ability/interest in expanding to additional domains.
- Hands on experience in public cloud environments, GCP preferred.
- Ability to learn new code and systems quickly in order to perform risk based assessments of security threats across a dynamic technology ecosystem.
- Familiar with industry standards such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, and CIS Benchmarks.
- Familiar with Kubernetes best practices.
Things that make a difference:
- Penetration testing experience.
- Previous experience with a GCP environment.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Curiosity; Asking great questions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.