HR Coordinator (Temp to Hire)
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Human Resources team, the HR Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day coordination of Human Resources processes, programs and initiatives, including, but not limited to, recruiting support, scheduling of new hire orientation and continued training, and entering of employee data and employment changes into the company's HRIS system. May handle more complex and diverse human resources tasks. This position is budgeted as a 6-month temporary assignment with the potential to be converted to a full-time employee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist HR team with interview scheduling, coordination and communication with candidates and hiring managers
- Update Brain Corp’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) as directed by the Talent Acquisition (TA) team
- Initiate and monitor background screens
- Assist new employees through the hiring and onboarding process, including conducting new employee orientation
- Support employee recognition activities
- Manage HR recurring meetings and the HR team calendar
- Generate and prepare identified HR and TA reports as required
- Assist HR team with HR projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned. As the company continues its growth, we anticipate the needs of the HR team to flex and the ideal candidate will flex with us.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a similar relevant field
- 1 to 2 years of HR or Talent Acquisition Coordinator experience in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple tasks in an administrative capacity.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently.
- Self-directed with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain a meticulous attention to detail
- Able to adapt and pivot in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding employment
Things that make a difference:
- Experience with UltiPro
- Experience with Greenhouse
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.