Senior Product Designer, Robotic Applications
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Product Design team, the Senior Product Designer defines and owns the end-to-end user experience across our fleet of customer-facing robots and robotic applications. This includes the robot’s interaction with the daily operators and general public, along with the tools for service, deployment, and robot manufacturing users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Product Management in field research to observe and quantify customer behavior to drive data-driven insights, design principles, and develop use cases.
- Develops process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups for the discovery backlog.
- Creates and directs embedded user interface design, architecture, and functionality according to usability best practices, and user-tested data
- Incorporates feedback from field data and observations to improve customer usage and engagement.
- Utilizes and adds to existing design systems, based on standards and best practices, to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs.
- Collaborates effectively with researchers, product management, HW/SW engineering, and other team members.
- Contribute to the development of the creative team's culture and quality standards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or other relevant fields or Master's degree with 3 years professional experience.
- 5-8 years of experience in interaction design, service design, or related field.
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin, and InVision.
- Strong knowledge and experience with applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, and internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Experience in visual design, motion, and prototyping.
- Experience designing maps/mapping tools.
- Thrive in ambiguous environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.