Content Marketing Specialist
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Marketing team, the Content Marketing Specialist helps develop and execute the company’s content marketing, while also assisting with corporate communications initiatives as needed. The Content Marketing Specialist is an excellent writer and storyteller, with a working knowledge of SEO tactics and strategy. Creative, self-starting, metrics focused, and with a reporter mindset, the Content Marketing Specialist will work with internal and external subject matter experts to create content marketing assets and newsletters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help create and execute a global Business to Business (B2B) content strategy focused on creating educational content and thought leadership to enhance brand awareness and demand generation.
- Maintain a consistent content marketing and blog calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year.
- Oversee a web content and SEO strategy that positions Brain at the top of relevant keyword rankings.
- Help manage social media activities to build and grow a strong branded social presence that engages and informs target audiences. Work with internal and outside resources to create and schedule regular posts.
- Help manage and evolve brand and tone of voice guidelines for a B2B audience
- Collaborate with internal experts, freelance writers, graphic designers, agency staff, and other industry professionals as needed to conceptualize, create and distribute world-class content.
- Assist with marketing performance copywriting as needed, i.e., landing pages, email copy, etc.
- Measure and monitor all aspects of content marketing, SEO, and social media marketing to help optimize results.
- Work on internal communications initiatives, including putting together a regular company newsletter.
- Other assignments and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role within an agency or corporate B2B setting. Work in communicating technical concepts to a variety of audiences a big plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for conceiving and creating compelling content and storylines that target specific audiences and aligns with brand and tone of voice objectives; former journalism experience a strong plus.
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with B2B social media management.
- Clear examples of blogs, e-books, white papers, website copy, videos, and other types of creative marketing content used to fuel brand awareness and lead generation.
- Experience adapting content across global markets and managing translation processes.
- Experience with multimedia, such as videos and podcasts, a strong plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- A “can-do attitude” and experience as a self-starter; someone who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Things that make a difference:
- Familiarity with WordPress, Sprout Social, SEMrush, and Google Analytics preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.