Senior Full Stack Web Engineer (Remote Potential)
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Web Apps team, the Senior Full Stack Web Engineer is responsible for building software to connect the Front End development team with the Back End web services. This role will integrate closely with both the Frontend Engineering team and the Backend Engineering team to build services that provide REST APIs, event driven functionality as well as the ability to connect with the Backend data stores. As a Senior Full Stack Web Engineer, you will also be responsible for working with the DevOps team to get the services deployed in various testing and production environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on both web application backend and frontend.
- Design and build APIs and microservices.
- Deliver high performance and scalable code.
- Aggregate and normalize data from multiple sources.
- Collaborate with other teams on multiple projects.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years professional experience.
- Highly efficient coding in Node/Express.
- Experience building HTTP/REST API (Swagger/OpenAPI).
- Experience with React.js, Nest and TypeScript.
- Experience with authn/authz.
- Knowledge of data-driven architecture and systems design.
- Working knowledge of Python, Golang or any similar backend language.
- Must have deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and systems design.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience with Nest.JS.
- Experience with Snowflake/BigQuery.
- SQL and ETL experience.
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture, microservices, and distributed systems.
- Experience building CI/CD workflow.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.