Senior Frontend Engineer (Remote Potential)
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Web Apps team, Senior Frontend Engineer is responsible for building cloud tools for measuring and improving the performance of robot fleet. This involves working with key stakeholders to determine what tools are needed, prototyping new features and applications and following through to deployment. Our tools are central to being able to efficiently and effectively manage our fleet of robots. This role will also be responsible for customer facing user interfaces. This is the primary way that the majority of our customers interact with the robot fleet, so having a clean and efficient user experience is of highest importance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on the edge of computer science, engineering and robotics.
- Build advanced data visualizations and tools.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders on multiple projects.
- Maintain and improve products over time.
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-7 years professional experience building UI/UX.
- Expert knowledge of vanilla JS (ES 2016+).
- Deep understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs and other core Web technology concepts.
- Working experience with modern JS frameworks (React/Redux, Vue, Angular, etc.).
- Experience with data visualization frameworks (deck.gl, three.js, D3, etc).
- Experience working with RESTful API.
Things that make a difference:
- WebGL and data visualization experience.
- Photogrammetry, Structure from Motion, Simultaneous localization and mapping experience.
- React Native experience.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture, microservices, and distributed systems.
- Google Cloud Platform experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.