DevOps Software Engineer (Remote Potential)
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund. Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Web Apps team, DevOps Software Engineer is responsible for building cloud infrastructure for internal and customer-facing applications. This involves working closely with the DevOps team to ensure that the Web Apps services integrate seamlessly with the existing infrastructure. It is important to ensure that the services being deployed comply with authentication, authorization, logging and auditing requirements. This position will also be responsible for implementing monitoring infrastructure for the Web Apps services as well as appropriate alerting to ensure reliability and uptime consistent with our Web Apps team’s SLAs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build infrastructure to support the Web Applications Engineering team.
- Build CI/CD pipelines for new and existing products.
- Identify, debug and fix issues as they arise in the cloud environment.
- Provision cloud infrastructure services and resources.
- Integrate monitoring, alerting and performance analysis tools.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-4 years professional experience in building application infrastructure.
- Experience with Cloud applications and architecture (GCP or AWS).
- Experience writing code with server-side language (Python/Golang, etc).
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and working with automation (Jenkins, TrevisCI, etc).
- Experience with cloud orchestration and containerization tools (Terraform, Ansible, Docker, etc).
- Experience building RESTful API.
- Auth0, oauth, SAML experience or similar.
Things that make a difference:
- Cloud infrastructure migration experience.
- Experience writing code in JS/Node.
- Microservice experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.