Senior Software Engineer (Cloud) -- Remote Potential
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Software Engineering team, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for building software systems for our commercial products. As a senior software engineer, you will work to build the systems that connect our robots, keep them running smoothly, and gather data from them to feed development, operations, and reporting. You will work with a growing team of talented engineers using modern tools and processes to rapidly deliver software to the cloud. Within the team, you will lead development efforts on features and functionality to enhance our capability to communicate with robots as well as enhance our fleet management capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver end to end features that include changes to both robot and cloud software.
- Optimizes data structures and communication mechanisms to minimize bandwidth usage.
- Develop algorithms that operate at scale.
- Coordinate problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provide subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems.
- Recommend and implement software changes to rectify problems or address improvement opportunities.
- Work with a variety of databases including both SQL and NoSQL variants.
- Understand and work within a system of authentication and authorization.
- Determines the required course of action to improve performance and escalates when appropriate.
- Coordinates development activities with other groups.
- Work within a build system and ability to connect to and improve the CI/CD pipeline.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- 5-8 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience with major cloud providers (GCP or AWS).
- Deep understanding of Linux operating systems and containerization. We use Kubernetes and a variety of containerization technologies.
- Strong understanding of networking - in the context of Kubernetes is a plus.
- A passion for robotics, automation and technology.
Things that make a difference:
- Master’s or Ph.D degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- Experience with Go.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.