As a member of the North American Sales Team, the Senior Account Executive will engage with prospective and existing customers to sell Brain Corporation's suite of products with an emphasis on Brain Corp’s shelf scanning and inventory management solution. Senior Account Executives serve as a trusted advisor to our customers, building relationships with primary decision makers and C-suite executives in their assigned territory through their strong POV on the future of AI in Retail. Most importantly, Senior Account Executives help our customers realize value from their investments in the Brain Corp platform.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop strategic stakeholder relationships at assigned target accounts to drive Net New and Cross Sell opportunities.
- Create an overall long-term strategy for your accounts with documented account plans that address the customer’s business objectives.
- Lead the end to end sales process by collaborating with supporting resources including Sales Engineers, Product Management, Engineering and Executives using previous sales methodology education (e.g. MEDDIC).
- Demonstrate account ownership by establishing plans to achieve sales objectives by identifying and qualifying opportunities.
- Conduct compelling discovery with prospective customers to understand their business challenges, use cases and desired outcome.
- Foster team selling by coordinating and collaborating with various cross-functional groups within Brain Corp (Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance) to successfully manage the entire sales cycle.
Work Experience & Education Requirements:
- 7+ years of enterprise-level outside software sales experience, preferably for SaaS, automation, or web technology solutions.
- Education: Bachelor’s or higher degree preferred.
- Demonstrated proven track record of success and a history of exceeding quota with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a competitive market.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- Solutioning: Develops strong knowledge of the Brain Corp platform and applies that knowledge to solving customer challenges.
- Communication: Exhibits excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate value to customers in a concise, clear and timely fashion.
- Expertise: Demonstrates knowledge of and possesses an established network in the Retail industry.
- Natural curiosity and passion for delivering value to customers.
- Acts with urgency in both internal and external interactions.
- Ability to influence outcomes and garner support with internal and external stakeholders at different levels in the organization.
- Adaptable to change and thrives in a fast-paced, ever changing tech environment.
- Demonstrates alignment with our organization’s shared purpose and corporate values: At Brain we: are customer-driven, prioritize simplicity, stay curious, commit, are accountable, have a bias to act, and have grit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; use of measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes; push or pull up to 10 pounds.
The anticipated annual total cash compensation range is $150,000 to $300,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Brain Corp is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
In addition to base pay, our competitive total rewards package consists of:
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan with match (no waiting period and immediate vesting)
- Comprehensive suite of insurance benefits for employees (and their families) to include a variety of medical plan options (including an HSA with employer contribution), dental, vision, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Legal/Identity support plans, pet insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Generous paid time off including flexible vacation, Paid Sick Leave, time off for volunteering in the community, 10 paid company holidays, and a winter company shutdown