Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. We’ve built the world’s largest fleet of robots operating in public spaces. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Our mission is to enable robots everywhere, helping people. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
Brain Corp’s Finance Team includes finance, accounting, corporate strategy, corporate development, facilities, and IT professionals who drive growth through operational excellence. We are looking for a Senior Accountant with extensive experience in cost accounting, inter-company and international accounting to join our Finance team. The Senior Accountant must be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills as well as solid accounting and financial credentials gained through the proper combination of education and work experience. The role will report directly to the Assistant Controller.Responsibilities:
- Perform routine cost roll activities and standard cost update in the NetSuite ERP system.
- Compile and analyze variances derived from work orders and purchasing activities.
- Review on-hand inventory with a cross-functional team on a monthly basis to assess appropriate E&O reserves.
- Analyze actual cost for ongoing production support activities and development projects, and identify opportunities for cost saving and risk assessment.
- Review new inventory SKUs to ensure proper system settings and standard cost values are appropriate.
- In-charge of day-to-day accounting activities of international subsidiaries in the areas of general ledger, month-end closing, foreign currency, statutory financial audits, tax return filing and other related functions.
- Responsible for inter-company invoicing process including reviewing all inter-company charges to ensure that they are properly processed and that they adhere to the company policies.
- Support month-end close process by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Participate in financial audits for both US headquarter and international subsidiary, and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with company policies, including US GAAP, privacy, and other regulatory, legal and safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent, and CPA certification required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, Big 4 or public company accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with major accounting software, preferably with NetSuite.
- Demonstrated experience with costing, inter-company and international accounting.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment with strict adherence to deadlines. Must be interested in wearing multiple hats and rolling up sleeves when needed. Must be resourceful, independent, results-oriented problem solver, well organized, and a team player.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large data files.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible with schedule when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented with excellent analytical skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.