Technical Support Engineer - French Speaking (Netherlands)
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Client Services team, the Technical Support Engineer is responsible for supporting all software aspects of robots deployed in real life application by reviewing information collected from the robot and accessible in the cloud, analyzing the events impacting customer's operation, identifying potential causes of errors and offering valid solutions. This position will also be the focal point as the voice of customers to interact with engineering groups to drive continuous product improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact for customers, understanding customer needs, and resolving customer issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with the Software and Engineering teams to drive resolution of user system software tickets.
- Provide technical support for problem assessment and corrections for the fielded units by ensuring timely resolution of support tickets, as well as performing and supporting necessary rework or repairs required to return the equipment to functional status.
- Provide technical support to the deployment and account management teams.
- Review data for insights and provide software configuration changes needed to aid successful deployments.
- Support the development of technical service bulletins and other literature.
- Prepare reports in order to update and track the configuration status of the fielded units to highlight root causes and make recommendations for corrective action (e.g. Pareto) with Product Management and Engineering.
- Analyze robot data to categorize/document issues and suggest corrective improvements.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience working with customers in a technical field or customer service role.
- Strong customer focus and problem resolution skills.
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams.
- 2 years practical experience in an industrial/laboratory environment is preferred.
- Fluent in French
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.