Business Systems Manager
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the finance team, the Business Systems Manager is responsible for overseeing the performance and maintenance of all systems that support business functions at Brain Corp. The Business System Team builds and runs enterprise systems that enable internal teams and customer/partner interfaces to operate more efficiently. Customer satisfaction and security are key and the Business Systems Manager will ensure that the overall user experience meets or exceeds the organization's expectations and that the company’s business processes and systems are efficient and secure. This position also plays a major part in setting the vision and creating tactical direction for business processes and systems at Brain Corporation and will require coordination across many business functions including Accounting and Finance, Sales and Sales Operations, Engineering, Production Support, and external vendors. The role requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the IT business needs for the Company.
- Provide a vision and direction for business systems at Brain Corporation, which include architectural and technical inputs.
- Manage and guide a team of analysts and third-party developers.
- Analyze, design and implement process improvement changes across different departments and processes.
- Manage the Brain Corp Business System documentation and CI/CD pipeline.
- Manage and execute Business System roadmap projects. Ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- Write scripts, queries, reports, and system documentation to support company goals.
- Oversee security, roles, and permissions for all business systems.
- Create an annual budget and update spend forecasts. Keep the Company on budget with business system support costs, and perform cost/benefit analysis prior to committing to new spend.
- Manage business processes and controls for order management, inventory, shipping/freight, purchasing, and finance/accounting.
- Responsible for system validation/testing to SOX and other regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates and manages UAT plans and timelines, ensuring that team members adhere to the schedules and timetables for the completion of projects.
- Create and review technology RFPs.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years’ experience, a minimum of 5 years experience, or equivalent field of study, or relevant experience (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered).
- This role is for doers; be able to contribute as a team member to get the job done while at the same time being able to see the broader picture.
- Minimum of 1 year leading other individuals or projects.
- Strong project management and technical skills.
- Experience in NetSuite, Salesforce, Python, and Git.
- Experience with enterprise business applications, including ERP, CRM, and Data Warehouse.
- Experience with python, SQL, web APIs, integration tools, business reporting, and BI tools.
- The ability to thrive in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience at a public company company/SOX experience.
- Experience setting up and managing a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools - Celigo/Dell, Boomi/Mulesoft.
- Certification as NetSuite Administrator, Salesforce Administrator, or Salesforce Platform App Builder.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.