Technical Program Manager II
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge,and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Program team, the Technical Program Manager is responsible for planning and execution of robotic integration programs throughout the product development life cycle: from requirements to execution to sustainment. The Technical Program Manager is overall responsible for managing engineering resources and ensuring product launch and success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, aligning, and meeting expectations of the overall program.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with partners.
- Proactively identify potential issues and help develop mitigation options.
- Act as liaison and main point of contact with technical project leads both internal and from partner organizations on program.
- Coordinate activities with the technical SW, HW, TE, SWQA, NPI teams and track progress.
- Understand the big-picture and ensure detail tasks are aligned.
- 10-25% business travel, both domestic and international.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field related to robotics (EE, ME, CS, CE, etc.).
- Master's degree in a technical field related to robotics, Technical Management, or MBA is preferred.
- 2-4 years of engineering-related experience with 1-2 years professional experience of Technical Program Management and suitable technical responsibility in product development.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner.
- Proven experience in process development - Development, QA, CM, NPI.
- Highly experienced at managing tasks and schedules.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Natural peer and team leadership skills.
- Experience with either Agile and Phase Gate program management.
- Calm under pressure, ability to identify and eloquently manage conflicting constraints.
- Experienced with Jira, Confluence, MS Project.
Things that make a difference:
- Robotics domain experience.
- Project Management Professional, Certified Scrum Master, or Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.