Vice President, Customer Success
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Global Sales team, the Vice President of Customer Success is responsible for managing and growing the existing client base globally across all business segments. The Vice President, Customer Success builds and manages a customer success team and is responsible for ensuring customers are realizing maximum business value across the customer lifecycle, which ultimately results in their renewal, growth of lifetime value and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a high performing Customer Success team that empathizes with customer and appreciates the importance of high customer experience.
- Develop the strategic direction of the Customer Success organization, working with other organizations like Sales, Support and Professional Services.
- Design customer success roadmap to strategically engage, retain, and scale the client base globally.
- Serve as an Executive Sponsor and key business partner for strategic customers.
- Work closely with the product team to share customer usage insights that guide product backlog and effectively leverage the enhancements to drive customer success.
- Deliver meaningful insights from customer engagement, feedback and usage patterns to bring about organizational change.
- Drive customer success to continuously increase lifetime customer value, retain customers and ensure high satisfaction and customer loyalty.
- Work with Brain Corp and OEM sales to ensure deals are structured to maximize customer success.
- Responsible for customer on-boarding and training.
- Ensure regular communication regarding product releases and develop strategy for customers to implement and adopt new features.
- Find additional revenue streams that can be generated through premium support offerings and/or professional Services that can be upsold to customers.
- Responsible for SaaS subscription renewals.
- Define, develop and execute Voice Of Customer (VOC) strategy.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and/or business degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in building, growing and managing a Customer Success and/or Professional Services organization globally, preferably in a B2B SaaS organization.
- Experience in driving revenues and devising and implementing business strategies accordingly.
- Proven track record of working with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Engineering to make sure everything is geared to customer success.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable solutions and driving large-scale change through inspirational leadership, and with the end customer in mind.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and focus the organization on team and individual goals.
- Experience working with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to design strategic services and level one support for Brain Corp services.
- Experience with tools and technologies used in customer success to measure and track customer engagement analytics, product usage tracking, health scoring, user profiling and real-time insights.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and experience in project management.
- Experience problem solving and passion to analyze, set priorities, and solve complex problems effectively and consistently.
- Process oriented mindset to clearly identify customer/product needs and work cross functionally to implement successful action plans.
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience in the technology industry and specifically retail technology.
- Understanding of SaaS (subscription-based business model).
- Experience with robotics software is a plus.
- Experience with tools and technologies used in customer success - Salesforce CRM, Tableau, Data Studio and other customer success tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.