Data Analyst I
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Analytics team, the Data Analyst I is responsible for the definition, execution, and delivery of quantitative reporting for Brain Corporation’s Product Analytics team. Your work will improve the quality, reliability, connectedness, and consistency of our data by engineering project-specific reports and visualizations. You will have a hands-on role with product specialists and be responsible for working with them to understand data requirements and then implement those requirements into easy to understand reporting tools. As part of the Analytics Team, this individual will help build data visualizations that empower the business to make data-driven decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage highly dynamic reports, dashboards, and data visualizations for internal audiences.
- Take ownership of the analytic toolset and platform, from an implementation and maintenance standpoint, including, but not limited to, adding data sources/pipelines, iterating reports, and exploring new functionality/technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including Product, Operations, Engineering, and Marketing to identify trends and key opportunities.
- Create, monitor, and maintain automated report inventory.
- Work in an agile way, including supporting testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
What you need:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or equivalent required.
- 0-2 years’ experience in a quantitative/statistical field or technical capacity.
- Knowledge of Tableau, with a demonstrated track record of using Tableau to create reporting, dashboards, and other data visualizations in support of business objectives.
- Proficiency in Python, Pandas, SQL, Zapier, Test-driven development, Git.
- Passion for data quality and delivering effective data to impact the business.
Things that make a difference:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or equivalent.
- Competency in data science exploration, analysis, feature selection, model development, and evaluation.
- Be comfortable outside of your comfort zone - explore new tech, make your own tool, or find a new way to address an old problem.
- Experience with NetSuite data or Salesforce data.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.