Manager, IT Operations
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
The Manager, IT Operations is responsible for managing the organization’s IT Department and its related responsibilities. This includes setting the vision and creating tactical direction for IT at Brain Corporation. Customer satisfaction and security are key and the Manager, IT Operations will ensure that the overall user experience meets or exceeds the organization's expectations and that the company’s infrastructure is efficient and secure. The environment is a highly technical engineering/R&D/manufacturing shop. The role requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working for the CTO, provide a vision and direction for IT at Brain Corporation.
- Manage a team of up to 10 Support Technicians and Business System Analysts.
- Forecast and keep the company on budget with IT purchases and licenses.
- Supervise our user authentication and authorization implementation.
- Manage a diverse collection of end-user hardware: Mac, PC, Linux, iOS, and Android devices in a secure manner across multiple business locations.
- Manage our facility bandwidth and security needs.
- Supervise the company’s A/V equipment and needs including videoconferencing equipment in conference rooms.
- Drive and measure the overall user experience and adoption of IT technologies including identifying gaps, configuration/features or functionality that could improve the overall user experience.
- Manage and execute IT Roadmap projects. Ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- Manage the corporate IT software catalog, ensure requests for new solutions are evaluated against preexisting packages and there is limited overlap.
- Provide formal supervision, mentoring and coaching for the Service desk team, driving the professional growth and development of subordinates while setting vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement in the delivery of IT service delivery models.
- Participate in strategic planning for solutions and services implementations with the CTO.
- Provide input on the technical planning, acceptance, implementation and service transition of solutions.
- Responsible for client satisfaction and ensuring the delivery of high-quality services and the continuous service improvement processes and backlogs.
- Build organizational talent by fostering a culture of continuous learning that ensures employees realize their highest potential and standards of excellence are maintained within the service operations environment.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) for IT workflows.
- Develop and implement IT Service Management tools or systems.
- Develop and implement Key Performance indicators and Service Level Agreements (SLAS) for the IT Service Desk.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 5-7years of experience in an IT operations role at a growing company, at least 2 years leading others.
- Security+, PMP, or ITILv3, Agile, CISM, and/or Cloud desired.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- High energy, innovative individual who is motivated by challenging assignments.
- Ability to build and deliver training materials and presentations.
- Industry wide recognized certifications or equivalent job experience.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience with enterprise-level security and authentication platforms.
- Experience with Google Suite and the Google family of products.
- Experience with a multi-OS environment: Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.