Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Human Resources team, the HR Generalist is responsible for driving a full spectrum of human resources activities and to act as a trusted resource for employees and managers. This includes, but is not limited to, implementing, administering, and maintaining a variety of HR programs and providing support at various levels within the organization. The HR Generalist will work closely with Talent Acquisition, Payroll and IT on various HR programs including onboarding, offboarding, and ongoing employee data maintenance. This position is also responsible for HR systems support, immigration support and compliance as well as providing first level support for manager inquiries, escalating as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an HR resource for our team, addressing questions related to our handbook, policies, processes and programs.
- Serve as the initial technical point-of-contact to encourage optimal use of systems utilized by the HR team or systems that enhance HR activities for leaders and team members across the Company and escalate issues appropriately.
- Review, audit and ensure integrity and compliance of the transactional data into the HRIS, including new hires, terminations, transfers and pay rate changes.
- Use standardized HR reports and dashboards which includes, but is not limited to, headcount reports, stock grant reports, any/all other data reports to support general HR queries.
- Assist in HR system implementations and provided training to employees and managers.
- Identify and execute process improvements.
- Assist with annual Pay and Performance process.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations, actively identifying gaps through self-auditing and related processes, and proposing and implementing changes as necessary.
- Serve as a backup to other team members in administering leave management and company benefits plans (health and welfare and 401(k)) and answering employee benefits questions.
- Serve as a backup to other team members on the termination process - conducting exit interviews, as well as ensuring all paperwork, final paycheck and other responsibilities related to terminations are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain and monitor all active immigration cases; gather updated immigration support documents; research and escalate issues when needed.
- Communicate with sponsored employees and managers to obtain information, provide updates on visa filings to explain immigration situations, and arrange meetings with attorneys for additional clarification.
- Monitor legal developments to stay current with immigration laws.
- Drive I-9 reverification compliance by partnering with HR Generalist to complete the reverification process.
- Manage employment authorization expiration dates for all foreign nationals; file cases in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and monitor H-1B and green card petitions.
- Maintain employee immigration personnel files.
- Respond to immigration questions, resolve concerns, and escalate cases as necessary.
- Communicate with managers and Talent Acquisition as needed regarding candidate processing and any other relevant updates.
- Bring creativity and strategic thinking on how we can nurture strong collaboration and inclusion across geographies as we continue to grow globally
- Other duties and projects as assigned. As the company continues its growth, we anticipate the needs of the HR team to flex and the ideal candidate will flex with us.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience working in HR.
- Experience with HRIS applications used in HR tracking and reporting.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office suite such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Detail-oriented person that acts with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment law and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving/listening skills, organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience with UKG/Ultipro HRIS system, Greenhouse ATS, and Google Applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.