Technical Support Engineer
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Client Services team, the Technical Support Engineer is responsible for supporting all software aspects of robots deployed in real life application by reviewing information collected from the robot and accessible in the cloud, analyzing the events impacting customer's operation, identifying potential causes of errors and offering valid solutions. This position will also be the focal point as the voice of customers to interact with engineering groups to drive continuous product improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact for customers, both direct customers and OEMs, understanding customer needs, and resolving customer issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with customers, oversee and drive transactional activities with 3rd party service providers aiming at minimal interruption to customer’s operation.
- Conduct independent technical troubleshooting on customer issues and implement resolutions.
- Provide phone based technical support by guiding OEM experts or field techs to resolve issues in real time.
- Drive the quality resolution process starting with customer reported symptoms, progressing through troubleshooting cycles to the identification of root causes.
- Establish and continue to grow the broad knowledge in Brain Corp’s robotic systems to understand how hardware, software, navigation kits, sub-system and cloud infrastructure works and be able to apply that knowledge to solve real-life issues.
- Be able to clearly elaborate and communicate complicated technical issues to customers, peers and engineering teams.
- Provide training & enablement to OEM when needed.
- Follow support discipline and process.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience working with customers in a technical field or customer service role.
- 2 years practical experience in an industrial/laboratory environment is preferred.
- Strong customer focus and problem resolution skills.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills in resolving software and hardware issues
- Ability to understand complex infrastructure and architecture
- Logical thinking and ability to take a rational approach to complex issues
- Proficiency in Linux.
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.