Senior Accounting Manager
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Finance team, the Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for all general financial and operational accounting activities, including general accounting, consolidations, payroll, equity management, taxation (city/State/Federal) filing and compliance, and ensuring all accounting transactions are compliant with GAAP and other relevant regulations. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining a strong internal control environment and audit-ready financial close.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, coach and develop the accounting team.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting functions, including revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, inventory, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, fixed assets, payroll, equity accounting, intercompany accounting, and Sales and Use tax.
- Lead the month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate US GAAP compliant reporting for both US and international subsidiaries.
- Execute positions taken for revenue recognition, lease accounting and ensure accuracy of associated accounting & reporting.
- Work closely with external tax advisors to ensure accurate and timely US taxation filing and compliance.
- Manage the external auditor to ensure effective communication, timely delivery of materials and accurate audited financial statements.
- Initiate, review, and implement ERP system/process improvements to increase operational efficiencies while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying accounting records.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to enable growth while managing financial statement risk.
- Apply professional skepticism and an inquisitive approach to review and analyze the appropriateness and reasonableness of underlying accounting principles.
- Manage the Company’s equity programs, capitalization table, options ledger and maintenance of stock/option related matters. Oversee equity accounting and third-party equity administration.
- Develop, implement and maintain public company level internal controls (as applicable to size/growth) to mitigate the risk of misstatements and safeguarding assets in a SOX compliant manner.
- Ensure accounting systems and business tools are maintained.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 8 years of Accounting experience, with 4 years in Big 4 public accounting or publicly traded company with increasing scope of responsibilities.
- At least 3 years of experience leading a team in the accounting function.
- CPA or equivalent required.
- Recent NetSuite experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks against competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of management in the Company and external vendors/customers.
- Make timely decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and thrive in the midst of changing needs/priorities.
- Takes initiative, is self-motivated and able to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Professional integrity and ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
- Team player with a positive attitude; strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision and within tight deadlines.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience in Technology or SaaS industry a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- High proficient in Microsoft Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.