Lead Software QA Test & Automation Engineer (Software/Hardware)
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Quality Assurance Engineering team, the Lead Software QA Test & Automation Engineer will design, develop, and oversee the execution of test protocols for functional verification and validation for autonomous mobile robots. This role works closely with internal teams across our Software, Systems, and Hardware departments and will be directly involved in the innovation of next-generation technologies. The Lead Software QA Test & Automation Engineer will be directly responsible for maintaining the quality of SW releases for an autonomous robotics product vertical including automation development and technical commercialization support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute manual and automated test suites.
- Develop and build out automation modules & systems needed to build & test a diverse fleet of robots and robotic SW platform features.
- Develop and deploy automation modules and systems needed to test a diverse fleet of autonomous robots and robotic SW platform features.
- Develop test infrastructure in the cloud for running automated tests on real hardware.
- Perform testing or provide supervision of technicians to complete testing.
- Create shareable test reports with metrics, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Investigate observed behaviors and gather diagnostic data to track issues to their source.
- Drive issues to closure by working with cross-functional teams.
What you need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, CSE, EE.
- 8-11 years of professional experience as a Software Test Engineer with experience testing both software and hardware.
- Excellent programming skills, including proficiency in Python, C++.
- Experience in mobile robotics or industrial automation.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Git, Jira, or similar version control and bug tracking tools.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology, and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, ability to describe and document clearly.
- Passion for quality, and exceptional attention to detail.
Things that make a difference:
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science, CSE, EE.
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with computer vision, machine learning, and/or image processing (work with semantic segmentation, object detection, and image classification).
- Hands-on mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Experience with common sensors used in robotics, including cameras (RGB and Depth), LIDARs, IMUs, and Sonars is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical activity of this position includes, kneeling; reaching; pushing; pulling; sitting, standing and walking for periods of time; using hands to finger and grasp; repetitive motion; talking and hearing. close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; use of measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes; push or pull up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employees are exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.