Senior Systems Engineer
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund, Clearbridge, and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Engineering Application System team, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for working on a multi-disciplinary team, in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support complex robotic systems across a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer platforms. This includes identifying, documenting, and tracking requirements; performing requirements analysis; assisting with software/firmware/hardware high level and low-level architecture, integration, regression, verification, and validation testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead integration efforts by defining qualification, acceptance, and functional testing requirements for the overall system electrical, mechanical, and software systems.
- Assist in project planning and execution of autonomy system integration efforts
- Create and derive requirements based on business and customer needs.
- Develop architectures, interface control documents, and high-level designs of autonomy solutions for existing and future vehicle integrations in coordination with stakeholders and technical team members across the organization.
- Provide work and design direction for external design consultants and companies.
- Interface with domestic and international suppliers to identify and promote brain-OS compatible control systems and solutions.
- Seeking a self-starter, someone who has the ability to work independently in a complex environment
- Hold technical design reviews, risk assessments, FMEA, FEA, Reliability testing, etc.
- Release and control engineering documentation using ECR/ECO processes.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related technical field of study.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a systems engineering role.
- Expertise in specifying and integrating Cameras and Lighting for vision systems.
- Expertise in specifying and integrating sensors used in robotics, industrial automation, or autonomous vehicles. Including but not limited to 2D Lidar, 3D LIdar, 2D Camera, 3D Camera, Sonar, Encoders, IMU, etc.
- Experience in mobile robotics, industrial automation, or autonomous vehicles.
- Experience guiding the work of others and directly supporting third-party vendors.
- Experience creating/deriving requirements based on business and customer needs.
- Experience specifying mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces between hardware and software elements of the system.
- Hands-on experience designing electro-mechanical systems.
- Familiar working with various agency standards like IEC, UL, ETL, CE, ANSI, MIL, and NEMA, etc.
- Experience desired to deal with various thermal, shock, vibration, and ingress protection techniques and ability to apply them to electronics modules and enclosure packaging.
- Familiarity with the design of electronics PCBAs, module packaging, and cabling.
Things that make a difference:
- Master’s degree in Engineering a plus.
- Experience with Python and Linux.
- Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Working with sensor calibration and filtering techniques.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.