VP, Global Marketing
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Marketing team, the VP, Marketing manages the strategic development, team execution, and overall performance of all integrated marketing and communications activities across the company. As a key executive of one of the robotics’ industry’s fastest growing companies, you will build on Brain Corp’s reputation as the leading technology provider for Autonomous Mobile Robots. You will lead marketing strategy, from vision to implementation to execution. Your experience and data-driven nature will help Brain Corp define unique business differentiators for BrainOS for our existing and prospective OEM and robotics partners. You will lead the development of messaging with a customer-centric view by describing the business value of BrainOS to our licensee partners and to the end-users of BrainOS-enabled robots. Working closely with the Sales teams, you will leverage industry best practice KPIs to measure results and optimize marketing and sales funnel performance.
To succeed in this role, you bring significant leadership and management experience, familiarity with cutting edge technologies (e.g. AI, cloud, SaaS), deep expertise in global enterprise software marketing and communications strategies, and perhaps most importantly, high energy and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all activities and strategies related to global corporate marketing and branding, product marketing, trade shows, events, media relations, crisis communications, and internal communications.
- Lead a team of marketing professionals to drive brand awareness, engagement, demand generation, and media engagement in domestic and foreign markets.
- Lead communications strategy and execution leveraging PR agency, building on market and press momentum.
- Build and maintain an integrated marketing plan with input and buy-in from the company's Sales, Business Development, and Product Management teams.
- Work with channel partners to develop joint go-to-market strategies and programs to build global sales pipeline.
- Work with Product Management to define positioning and differentiation, and drive the overall growth agenda, go-to-market plans, core messaging, and media narratives.
- Lead cross-functional KPI reviews with the Marketing and global Sales teams to track marketing and sales KPIs, identify performance gaps, and define countermeasures aligning marketing and sales strategies.
- Establish departmental goals that support corporate objectives and measure results.
- Oversee development of customer segmentation based on industry data and primary research (product/market fit) and generate relevant tactics.
- Act as an executive spokesperson for media-related activities as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years leading marketing and corporate communications on a global basis in enterprise software, 10 years leading others.
- Experience designing and executing campaigns that deliver results across all core marketing channels (print, digital, social, owned content).
- Proven track record of developing a marketing strategy and supporting programs that increase demand and sales.
- Experience with direct and channel marketing in venture funded, high-growth companies
- Experience developing customer marketing programs to build customer loyalty and support renewals.
- Ability to adapt quickly and push forward even when presented with limited information.
- Capable of clearly communicating with and influencing executives and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the enterprise software technology ecosystem and an ability to quickly understand how new technologies fit into the ecosystem.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field.
- Preferred: experience in robotics, high-growth SaaS businesses, marketing to developers, and/or supporting technical sales teams.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience with hardware and software platforms and / or IoT devices.
- Leading marketing teams through high-growth, developing programs that drive scale.
- Experience with EMEA, APAC and North American markets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.