Senior Technical Support Engineer
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/
As a member of the Client Services Technical Support team, the Senior Technical Support Engineer is responsible for supporting all software aspects of robots deployed in real life application by reviewing information collected from the robot and accessible in the cloud, analyzing the events impacting customer's operation, identifying potential causes and eventually offering valid solutions. This position will also be the focal point as the voice of customers to interact with engineering groups to drive continuous product improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Level 1 when requested.
- Take ownership of complicated technical issues beyond Level 1's capability.
- Drive the resolution of emerging issues that impact individual robots.
- Assist Level 3 and Tech Ops on Fleet issues investigation.
- Drive discussion with the engineering and R&D team to address specific issues on a regular basis.
- Provide regular product quality feedback to the R & D team.
- Contribute to product improvement by working with the Product Management and R&D team.
- Lead program/projects that improve the efficiencies of Tech Support.
- Establish and recommend department processes and create technical documents to enable Level 1 to perform their duties effectively.
- Provide training to the Level 1 team.
- Provide in depth training to senior technicians from OEM partners.
- Act as elevation point to Tech Ops and R&D team.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of software or system support experience.
- Experience and the ability to support complex infrastructure and architecture.
- Strong ability to independently troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Proficient in Linux and scripting.
- Strong understanding in database, SQL/PostgreSQL.
- Great written and spoken communication skills.
Things that make a difference:
- Knowledge of the robotic system - hardware, firmware, system and software.
- 2 or more years of experience working with enterprise software applications.
- Experience as a Level 2 or Level 3 role in a software support organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, grasp, and feel; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; lift, push, carry, or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.