Senior Software Engineer (Lead)
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures. For more information please visit: https://www.braincorp.com/Position Summary:
As a member of the Software Engineering team, the Senior Software Engineer will be a team leader and will get the chance to lead a top engineering team to build products leveraging our BrainOS platform. While this job is highly technical, and being a top code-contributor is expected, there are many other tasks that will fall on you as well; running sprint planning meetings, driving discussions to action plans with other teams: firmware, hardware, QA, program and product management, field support. This allows you to not only contribute, but also steer the direction of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and contribute to code.
- Add comprehensive automated testing to ensure quality and development productivity.
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for code development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high quality releases to production.
- Help resolve production and customers issues and engineer long-term solutions through triage and root cause analysis and data analytics.
- Lead day-to-day management of the software team including stand-ups and project prioritization
- Facilitate and run sprint planning activities.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Program Managers to ensure prioritization and focus on deliverables and timelines.
- Articulate high-level technical strategies and product vision; encourage and facilitate technical discussions, ensure deadlines are met and drive our product forward.
- Coaching and career development for new and existing engineers.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or applicable engineering discipline.
- 5-8 years of demonstrated experience in software development for complex function-based software that interacts with sensor inputs, control loops and redundancy.
- 2+ years of Software Leadership experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++ and/or Python production level coding.
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and developing mid-size software engineering teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivered complete software products that meet rigorous functional safety-critical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience leading agile (scrum) development teams and tailoring processes to maximize team’s productivity and efficiency.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Things that make a difference:
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotics, or related industry.
- Experience with robotic motion planning, perception, or SLAM
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using hands to finger, and grasp; repetitive motion; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; use of measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes; push or pull up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to the typical office environment with computers, printers and telephones.